Instructions for Monteith Room 203
A. First, log on to the Economics Dept account by doing the following:
1. If you do NOT see the “Log On to Windows” dialog box,
a. click the START button in the lower left corner of your screen
b. click SHUT DOWN and then “Log off … “
c. click control-alt-delete and then OK
2. In the “Log On to Windows” dialog box type the User name “Clas_econdept” (all
one word, not case sensitive) and enter the password “Economics!” (case sensitive;
be sure to include the exclamation mark). Be sure that “UConn” is in the third box).
B. Double-click the “Class Share” icon and then open the “econdept” folder and the “econ216” or “econ217” folder.
C. Next, find the file for today’s work by doing the following:
1. Double-click on the _outbox folder and then drag today’s file to your desktop.
2. Right-click on the file on your desktop and change its name to a short
version of your own name with no spaces and .xls at the end.
For example, Ebinezer von Williams might name his file EbWms.xls (be sure to include .xls at the end and don’t be so cryptic that I don’t know whose file it is).
D. Now get to work:
1. Double-click on your own xls file to open it.
2. In cell A1 of the first worksheet, type your full name.
E. When you have finished working in your Excel spreadsheet, put it in the instructor’s inbox:
1. To save your work, open the File menu and select Save.
2. To exit from Excel, open the File menu and select Exit.
3. Drag your file to the instructor’s Inbox.
E. Once you are certain that your work is in the Inbox:
1. Delete your file from your desktop.
2. Click the START button in the lower left corner of your screen, click SHUT
DOWN, select “log off Clas_econdept” and then click OK.
Important: at least as often as every 10 minutes, save your work.
Do not leave the room until you see your file in the instructor’s INBOX.